# be kind
Hurting someone with your voice – online or in person – is bullying.
Hurting someone physically with your hands or feet is bullying.
If you know someone who is a bully then do something about it !
Some bullies have been bullied and need our help too.
What can I do ?
- be brave
- tell someone and get it sorted out
- write down your worries in the worry box or monster (in library)
- speak to an adult at home
- speak to your friends. The Rights Respect Warriors (aka School Council) have re-designed our Say No to Bullying Leaflet. Click to see our Say No to Bullying leaflet
- speak to a teacher or Miss Priestley
- if you or someone you know are being bullied:- Tell an adult you know or contact Childline 0800 1111 www.childline.org.uk phone childline from home or school
- click on the links below to find out more information about anti-bullying
Please complete the following Survey if you are in Badgers Class as part of the Ant-Bullying Alliance programme: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/FNCZ37P
Bullying is unacceptable so be brave and tell someone. In our school, we promote the Restorative Justice ‘What happened?’ approach to managing our emotions and linked behaviour. It is amazing how our playtimes have changed as you have all learned to talk about your problems to solve them.
Thank you. We are proud of the nurturing environment that is promoted by children and adults at the school. We are also proud to be a UNICEF’s Rights Respect School and have recently been accredited with our Bronze Award. I am also delighted that we have achieved our Silver Award from the Altogether School Anti-bullying Programme. This award recognises the work that we have all done to reduce bulling and improve our well being. Well done !
Every November, we participate in Anti-Bullying Week. This year, we particpated in Odd Socks day. We celebrated that we are all different and all equal.
Each class explored: –
- The definition of respect
- That bullying is a behaviour choice
- That we can respectfully disagree with each other i.e. we don’t have to be best friends or always agree with each other but we do have to respect each other
- That we all need to choose to respect each other both face to face and online