We are a small school that will always try our best to support our school family, if you need any help due to our new arrangements listed below please contact Miss Priestley email@example.com or Mrs Paige firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any concerns about Covid 19 virus please contact the school office or the Department for Education coronavirus (COVID-19) helpline. The helpline is available to answer questions about coronavirus (COVID-19) relating to education and children’s social care. Staff, parents and young people can contact this helpline by calling: Phone: 0800 046 8687 Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm. We have a small amount of home testing kits available at school if you are finding it difficult to arrange an NHS test.
Key changes to our school day
Hedgehogs class (EYFS) start school at 9.00am and finish at 3.00pm.
Foxes class (Year 1 and Year 2) start school at 9.20am and finish at 3.20pm.
Squirrels class (Year 3 and Year 4) start school at 8.40am and finish at 2.40pm. Children can enter the building from 8.30am.
Badgers class (Year 3 and Year 4) start school at 8.40am and finish at 2.40pm. Children can enter the building from 8.30am.
Which gate do I drop off and collect my child from?
Children in Hedgehogs and Foxes classes are in one bubble and will be using the side gate to enter and exit the school.
Children in Squirrels and Badgers classes are in our second bubble and will be using the front gate to enter and exit the school.
Will there be Breakfast Club and After School Club availability?
Our Early Bird Breakfast Club and Red Kite After School Club will start on Thursday 3rd September. The government guidance allows 15 children to attend each club, please email Mrs Paige to reserve a place email@example.com
What equipment will my child need?
Children in Year 1 – Year 6 will need a pencil case with coloured pencils and a pencil sharpener, we will provide all other stationary. If you need us to provide a pencil case and coloured pencils please email the school office and we will support your request firstname.lastname@example.org. All children will also need a lunchbox, water bottle and a book bag.
Will my child need to bring in a PE kit?
All children will wear their PE kit to school on the days they are taught PE. They will not need a PE kit at school.
How can we improve communication?
At this moment the government guidance recommends that no parent/carer enters the school building. We will provide every child with a ‘communication book’, this will enable us to share information. We have a text message service and email addresses to send other information to you. All staff have email addresses so you can contact them. Please look on our school website class pages and letters section for other information.
Our Return to school risk assessment
Please visit our ‘Letters’ section to read our amended school risk assessment .
Supporting mental health
cbeebies/parenthood tips and tricks
Wiltshire Well Being Hub
Anyone can get in touch with the hub by calling 0300 003 4576 . It’s available from 8am-8pm Monday-Friday and 10am-4pm Saturday and Sunday or via email at email@example.com/
Happy Families Happy Futures
Are you a parent (or expecting a baby) and struggling with a relationship? Follow this link for more support and information www.dorsetnexus.org.uk
Young Minds – Talking to your child about Coronavirus and 10 tips from their Parents Helpline to support family wellbeing: https://youngminds.org.uk/blog/talking-to-your-child-about-coronavirus/
Carers UK – Guidance for carers: https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/health/looking-after-your-health/coronavirus-covid-19
- Covibook – an interactive resource designed to support and reassure children aged 7 and under, designed to help children explain and draw the emotions that they might be experiencing during the pandemic: https://www.mindheart.co/descargables
- National Autistic Society – guidance and helpline for parents’, young people and staff: https://www.autism.org.uk/services/nas-schools/vanguard/news/2020/march/coronavirus-(covid-19)-advice.aspx
- Mencap – Easy Read guide to Coronavirus: https://www.mencap.org.uk/sites/default/files/2020-03/Information%20about%20Coronavirus%20ER%20SS2.pdf
- Place2Be – Guide to helping parents answer questions from their children and to support family wellbeing: https://www.place2be.org.uk/about-us/news-and-blogs/2020/march/coronavirus-information-for-children/
- Amaze – information pack for parents https://amazesussex.org.uk/faqs-about-the-coronavirus-for-parent-carers-of-children-with-send-brighton-hove/